Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Sport SCT Chip Problem. Will they correct it?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
waterboy

Fan#: 2258
What I Drive: 2k SPI-T, with Lentech automatic stuff on it

FF Reputation: 1 waterboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I was one of the testers for the SPI SCT chip and have had no problems whatsoever. None, Nada, Zip. Most problems are due to not getting all the potting off the circuit board or improper cleaning. FS will tell you te reclean the contacts first. When you clen them, only go until the contacts get SHINY. If you go until the contacts get COPPER, then you'll have to resolder the contacts to build them up again. This is a painstaking task, so I cannot stress enough to be gentle when you clean the contacts.

I do not know your mechanical ability, and I do not infer you can't install your chip, but MOST of the problems with the SCT or any chip in general is improper installation.

Now if you get to the point where the contacts are clean and you still have problems, then contact FS and they will take care of you. Until you have checked everything out you'll be wasting your time calling or e-mailing FS, as they will tell you just what I have.