Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Sport SCT Chip Problem. Will they correct it?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 08:53 PM   #1
derf0069
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2974
What I Drive: 2000 red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 derf0069 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus Sport SCT Chip Problem. Will they correct it?

I've had a sputter in my car durring acceleration and shifting at lower RPM's ever since i put in my Focus Sport SCT Chip. I thought that maybe the plugs and wires needed to be changed due to the advanced timing, so I did that. Was still there. Tried new factory plugs and wires and it's still there. Could the clutch be slipping? No that's not it either.

After a lot of searching, troubleshooting, and imput from all great focus enthusiasts I finally pulled the chip out and TA DA. Sputtering is now gone and feels like i have more power. I am going to email Focus Sport tonight and call them in the morning to see if they are going to compensate in any way. Hopefuly they will reprogram it at no charge. the only program I have on it is to disable the second O2 sensor.

I have heard that other people have had this problem with their Focus Sport SCT Chip. If anyone else has had this problem please let leave your feedback and let me and the others who are having this problem know how Focus Sport treated you. I just think that as much as we spend on the chip it should perform as expected. Thanks.