Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #71
drvudoo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89975
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 drvudoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi drvudoo,

I'm glad the service manager is working to resolve your issue. If they are unsuccessful, please let me know so I can help get it back on the road for you.

~Natasha
Natasha,

The servicer did the alignment. The steering did tighten no more over correction. The car still wanders. It doesn't wander all the time. Usually around 60-70mph either there is a quick lane correction due to construction or some other factors. I don't know what triggers the steering going squirrly. I drive in on I-15 in San Diego and there is a bit of construction. There are temp lanes has quick bends. Other than that the freeway is 90% concrete. I'm not sure if there are grooves or slab expansion gaps are throwing it off. I've driven this route for the last 6 years with my jetta, my aura, and my yukon. Never had this uneasiness. I like it to a passenger on a motorcycle leaning against me and I have to fight them to go straight or the direction I'm steering.

Here is the reply from my dealer after I told him that the story above.

Good morning Trung,
I test drove a couple of other 2012 Focuses and I feel that your's handles very similar to the rest of the units I drove since we talked last. All of those unit were also built after Aug.1 2011, this steering feel seems to be normal ride quality for the 2012 focus model line. If you would like to come down and go for another ride, we can compare the ride to another like model.
Ken

Last edited by drvudoo; 10-07-2011 at 07:32 PM.