View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Well i guess im committed on this one now. No going back now. Next is to figure out how to plug it up. I have an idea but ill have to think on it a bit more.

Plugs and "quick steel" i found at oreiley. The plugs looked like they might fit but i got the quick steel anyway its a putty you can need and it starts to mix together and setup. I figured i could roll it up stuff it into the intake holes and then slide the sleves over it. Since the holes on the intake are about .45" and the hole on the sleve is .27" the sleve will keep the plug in. Then when you bolt the intake to the head the head pushes on the sleve and holds it in.

I also found some rubber plugs that i got to slide in with a little oil and they are an automotive rubber so i think it will hold up just as good. I just need a few more.

And i got one inserted.

edit: Used the quick steel putty to plug the PCV inlet, the 2 vacuum ports one on the front and one on the right side of the intake near the TB and then i plugged the port where the actuator arm went in. I plugged it on the inside with those rubber vacuum plugs then the quick steel over top of them.

It hardens like JB weld and i dont see any of it being sucked in to the intake in these areas.

Last edited by BowerR64; 10-10-2011 at 10:46 PM.