Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - The "Official" Suspension Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #129
NutZ-X3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90570
What I Drive: 2002 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 NutZ-X3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not sure anybody will see this post from a nube cuz the thread lists 135 posts and I can only view 128...

I'm just looking to replace my factory '02 SVT suspension. FRPP kit M-18000-ZX3 looks like what I need if replacement of seemingly fine springs isn't needed. They do have the same 168K as the rest of the car...??? Obviously I don't treat the car the same at this mileage as I did nearly 10-years ago when it was new. I've already tried it lowered 1/4" more than stock but didn't like the front rub on lousy Ohio roads.

Is there anything else I should consider replacing also at this mileage? All bushings etc 'appear' fine. I am considering the Steeda strut tower brace just to add rigidity to an aging car.

What is good for the rear that would be compatible with the stock SVT suspension? Would the adjustable rear camber arms, or the bolts, or the Ingalls camber shims, all listed @ Summit continue to provide the same handling characteristic's if I were to dial out the tire chewing I've experienced since new back there?

Like I said, I'm a total nube to doing anything on this car. It's provided me with great times and transportation since May 02 with very little hassle or headache. Well, aside from a set of tires every year ;)

One problem I'm running into is that as the FRPP phone guy advised me, they don't take orders. There are no area dealers either where I could spend my money locally. If I go too far from NC Ohio, shipping will eat me. Summit doesn't honor the employee discount I should be able to get from Ford either. Anybody know a source where I can get Ford parts with my discount, that the shipping won't eat the savings?