Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
I know your case is frustrating, and if it increases in severity, please update me so I can document it in your case notes.
~Natasha
Natasha,

Let me lay this out so I can confirm which way we are headed here.

I buy the car and take it into the dealer for the shuddering, Dealer confirms it is doing it and is told by Ford it is normal break in. Contact Customer Service both you and Melissa, and am told it is normal break in, Go past the normal break in mileage and car still shudders and am now told if it increases in severity let you know. There are members here on this board with 13,000 miles and it is still doing it, Is it still breaking in? So now Ford will only address the issue if it get's worse? Any issue with a car should be dealt with as a issue and not based on severity, If the tech drives the vehicle and verifies that it does as the customer states they may consider it non severe but they are not sitting in traffic with the issue either.

Here is a thought, If it is considered normal then Ford can give us that have these issues a 100,000 mile warranty on the transmission. That should not cost Ford anything as there is nothing wrong correct? It will also give those that have these issues a little better feeling about owning a car that has problems that the manufacturer won't admit. Just a little peace of mind for us.

The TSB that was released and recalled was for vehicles built on or before 08/12/11, What changed after 08/12/11 that they were not affected by this TSB?

In my opinion Ford is trying to delay or just ignore the customers that have issues until their warranty expires and we have to pay to fix a issue that existed from day one. I was reading a snip-it that the Ford CEO stated "We want to build a car that is fun to drive". Anyone at Ford care to sit in a car in stop and go traffic and have it shudder every time you move and would you consider that fun?

Montana