Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by washburn View Post
well, again I now have 13,000 on my car (drive a lot) and the shuttering (if you can call it that) is still happening. Talked to the dealership. They have no clue. I told them about this site and they logged on to see what is being said. They state there is nothing from Ford out about this or what to do about it. And I too found that if I take off faster it seems to do a little better, but that defeats the purpose of why I bought the car, which is the gas mileage. Takes it down to 36.0 from 38-39.0. And when you have lots of stops and starts like red lights like I do, it is kind of hard to take off like a bat our H_ll just to keep a car from doing what it should not in the first place. Still working with the dealer and giving them some time to talk to FOrd, but it is frustrating to say the least.
Not that it is going to do any good but I have my letter to the CEO of Ford Alan Mulally in the envelope and ready to go. It will go out today but I will be surprised if I get a response. What gets me is Ford is not even saying they are working on a fix for this issue.

Montana