Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #179
MJEFF
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90431
What I Drive: White, 2012 , SE, auto

FF Reputation: 1 MJEFF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I drive a 2012 Focus SE , the company I work for just brought 2 brand new Focus for delivery work. 2.0Litre , direct injection, 6 spd . We also have a shuddering problem and it does roll back just a bit when going from brake to gas pedal.
Just a few thoughts, from a non Ford person, from what I read above Ford put a lot of hours in getting this transmission of the ground, so to speak. I think they missed the boat, however there will be no "rush to judgement" until the clutch/trans has reached 2500 miles. If it does not "break in" by then I will approach the local dealer where it was purchased.
The vehicl does get good mileage currently( with only 1200 miles) We put on 250 per day and according to the manual we could approach 38-40mpg. I also see we have syn oil from the factory and I expect that we will be doing oil changes at 5-6K depending on usage and the oil color. I would like to know what the forum is experiencing in this regard. Cars are to be driven in rural and interstate settings.
The professional drivers have the responsibility to bring the cars for service when the appropriate time arrives.

All cars are well taken care of , I am hoping that we can reach 250K per car.
I would like to hear from anyone on their thoughts etc. MJEFF