Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #178
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJEFF View Post
I drive a 2012 Focus SE, it is a delivery car for the company I work for. We have two of them currently and there is a possibility of another one.
We also have the shuddering transmission issues and the car does roll back a bit while on a hill, when moving the brake to the gas.
The cars currently are approaching 1200 miles. We put on 250 miles per day and it is said that the clutches will get better by approx 2000 miles.

Just a few evaluations, I am not a Ford person and I know that this is a new venture for Ford with the 2.0 litre motor and this new 6 speed trans and direct injection.
In one of the responses , it was said that Ford put a ton of hours in on the transmission design and testing. To me they missed the boat, however there will be "no rush to judgement" until well after 2500 miles.
The car does get over 32mpg with just these very few miles, seems to handle resonably and has good brakes.

I notice that the car has syn oil in it and I am planning to have the oil changed about every 5-6K depending on the color and useage ( if any)
I would be interested in hearing from any members about oil change intervals.
All of our cars are very well cared for by the professional drivers and serviced by qualified mechanics. MJEFF
Hey MJeff,

What scares me here is Ford keeps pushing the normal break in date further and further into the future. In the owners manual and from Natasha from Ford they state the break in period is 1000 miles. Others here that have reached that number and still had issues were told to bring it back at 3000 miles. So is it 10,000 the following time until the warranty is out? Yet others and the larger percentage seem to have zero issues right off the lot, Why the difference and why is Ford not addressing the issue that us small percentage of owners are having?

Montana