Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #177
MJEFF
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90431
What I Drive: White, 2012 , SE, auto

FF Reputation: 1 MJEFF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus trans problems

I drive a 2012 Focus SE, it is a delivery car for the company I work for. We have two of them currently and there is a possibility of another one.
We also have the shuddering transmission issues and the car does roll back a bit while on a hill, when moving the brake to the gas.
The cars currently are approaching 1200 miles. We put on 250 miles per day and it is said that the clutches will get better by approx 2000 miles.

Just a few evaluations, I am not a Ford person and I know that this is a new venture for Ford with the 2.0 litre motor and this new 6 speed trans and direct injection.
In one of the responses , it was said that Ford put a ton of hours in on the transmission design and testing. To me they missed the boat, however there will be "no rush to judgement" until well after 2500 miles.
The car does get over 32mpg with just these very few miles, seems to handle resonably and has good brakes.

I notice that the car has syn oil in it and I am planning to have the oil changed about every 5-6K depending on the color and useage ( if any)
I would be interested in hearing from any members about oil change intervals.
All of our cars are very well cared for by the professional drivers and serviced by qualified mechanics. MJEFF