Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #299
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
You're right. The QC at the plant is a joke. But, that's what you get when you are forced to hire UAW. I was at a plant one time and the QC guy had a motto that was something like "if it gets this far, it goes on a transport". I thought "WHY THE HELL ARE WE PAYING YOU????"

What's Ford gonna do though? The UAW can screw up as much of Ford's stuff as they want and Ford can't do anything about it. I'm sure Ford would love to get rid of every UAW worker but the minute the UAW finds out about Ford hiring non-union replacements there will be a strike. Ford will deplete their entire cash bankroll in mere weeks of no production but it takes months to re-train new workers. The union has Ford by the balls and unfortunately, in situations like this the people taking the worst hit are the customers. As far as your goodwill is concerned, I'm sure Ford would love to give it to you but they have a limited amount of dollars allocated for this use each year and if they get a huge volume of irritated customer's....well.... more people looking for money than money available to give type of thing....
Ford labour problems shouldn't be mine.If they don't want to fix their mess,I'm going back to Mazda!