Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #298
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
To be honest ,he's not the only one who think this way.You always refer us to the Canada Customer Relationship Centre who also got their hands tied.They ask Ford about the situation,Ford says to wait and we get a ridiculously low conpensation for our troubles.The biggest problem with Ford right now is the quality control.A car shouldn't roll out defective from the assembly line and go straight to the customer.I'm in that situation and a few others got the same experience.The worst part is that nobody denies that these cars came out of the factory like that ,but instead of replacing the car ,Ford makes the client pay for it.This is totally unacceptable from a serious car maker.If bad cars are the exception,Ford should simply replace them instead of getting the bad publicity from those "lemon".The past 3 month have been a living hell and nobody around me will consider buying a Ford.
As long Ford will act this was way,the dealerships, the relationship centre and yourself wont be able to do anything to correct those situations.
You're right. The QC at the plant is a joke. But, that's what you get when you are forced to hire UAW. I was at a plant one time and the QC guy had a motto that was something like "if it gets this far, it goes on a transport". I thought "WHY THE HELL ARE WE PAYING YOU????"

What's Ford gonna do though? The UAW can screw up as much of Ford's stuff as they want and Ford can't do anything about it. I'm sure Ford would love to get rid of every UAW worker but the minute the UAW finds out about Ford hiring non-union replacements there will be a strike. Ford will deplete their entire cash bankroll in mere weeks of no production but it takes months to re-train new workers. The union has Ford by the balls and unfortunately, in situations like this the people taking the worst hit are the customers. As far as your goodwill is concerned, I'm sure Ford would love to give it to you but they have a limited amount of dollars allocated for this use each year and if they get a huge volume of irritated customer's....well.... more people looking for money than money available to give type of thing....