View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yellow Blaze became my favourite colour the moment I saw it so I'm very happy I was able to find one that met my requirements.

Regarding the (I'll admit, somewhat odd) vehicles' roles, the Grand Prix is my 'toy', it's the car I work on for fun and has been undergoing changes for almost three years now. It's been a daily driver right from day one, so it has seen its fair share of our winters. I really do intend to keep it forever, and knew that sooner or later it would have to be retired from the salt, rocks, and icy roads before it was too late. The search began for a nice little Integra or similar vehicle, but ultimately ended up with a new Focus being the replacement daily driver/winter car.

By no means will the Focus be used as just a 'beater' though, but it has 19 fewer winters under its belt (That is, none) and therefore can go through many more than the GP could before problems start arising. It's been fully undercoated, rust-proofed, etc, and will be protected further before it sees any winter weather though.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.