Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Duratec Intake Manifold Removal and PCV hose replacement
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #58
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 DX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
How much oil would you say came out? I think about 1/4 of a cup leaked out on my pants. But im not sure how much was actually in there.

My hose wasnt split when i did mine but i wasnt sure so rather then question it i just did the delete before any problems did happen.

So since my hose wasnt split we had a hard time with it, the retainer clips that clamp around the hose were hard to get off we wound up cutting it.

I cant imagine fighting with it to put it back on the way it comes stock. Its so tight behind there that there just isnt alot of room.

Not sure how your going to do it but maybe once you have the side on the PCV and clamped you can do the back side of the intake from the bottom? might take 2 people? one to hole the manifold and one to push on the other side. The grease might help though?

When i had mine off i also cleaned my tumble flaps. Mine were pretty grimmy and didnt feel smooth. I didnt wipe them very hard i read they can fall out and then get sucked into the intake ports.

I think im going to buy a new intake manifold though and maybe remove those and then have it retuned with them off to see how it runs without them.

after market intakes dont even have them.