Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Duratec Intake Manifold Removal and PCV hose replacement
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #53
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
These arnt my pictures i robbed these from focaljet but i did the same things he did here.

If you look at the top left i marked in red where i just shaved the side of the tab on the plate part so i could twist the ring off. I did both tabs on the same sides so i unscrewed it kinda and it poped out without breaking.

I gutted the new PCV i bought and threw out all the springs and valve junk.

And then i vented mine to the ground the same way he did his over to the drives side of the starter.

Also if you gut the PCV dont forget to plug the back of the intake this is the key to this whole repair plugging that thing so its not leaking.

I decided to just plug mine and let it vent to the ground so i wont ever have to question that line splitting again. I just got a good short hose and a bolt to plug it with and a hose clamp. Might be good to JBweld the hole closed or something also or seal it a cleaner way.