Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
So you did not have that issue during the break-in and for 1,000 miles after the break-in and now it is starting to do it? Yeah that is normal it is what Ford calls the delayed break-in. This is a isolated incident but still normal. You will have to wait until you get 10,000 miles on the car and then if it hasn't reduced the shake then wait another 5 yr 50,000 miles until the warranty is over that way we are not responsible for fixing it and then we will gladly charge you $10,000 to fix a issue that never existed.

Montana
That's pretty much what I thought.I just want Ford to close the stupid TSB and work order,so I can sell it without getting sued.Apparently Ford can do it ,but not me! I expect losing between 4 and 7 thousand dollars from this adventure.The only way I can limit the damages,will be to buy a boring car like a brand new Corolla,that will be trouble free for the next 10 years.I normally don't keep a car more than 3 years,but considering how much I lost with this Focus,I don't see any other way out.