Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #150
blackcervini
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74083
What I Drive: 01 Supercharged ZX3, 05 ST

FF Reputation: 5 blackcervini Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
All of the issues you guys are describing are the same we have had at the dealership. Earlier the mention of new technology and break-in time to get it right is sometimes inconvience to customers. Please understand at the dealership we wish you never had a problem and only had to come in for maintenance and true repairs, no warranty issues. People can be rather rude and unforgiving when their car is acting up, and I am now going to take it away and hope the repairs we do are the final answer. Trust me we want it fixed. When it comes to the 2012 Focus there is the added challenge of the new transmission and a price tag kind of up there. This is a car that gets much better gas mileage than before and will only get better. I understand the frustation but remember going to another dealership is your right and should not be looked at negatively by the dealer you choose. Ford Customer Service Reps get it from every side, Ford, Engineering Reps, Owners, Service Managers, and you guys, etc... I have heard them go to bat more than once for a customer that keeps their cool and lets the process work. As for the transmission, remember it has two clutches and if my 48 year old mind remembers clutches need a break-in period. I read that someone was getting conflicting info from the service advisor and manager, welcome to the human race, we also make mistakes. Yes, communication should be better. Let's look at it this way. When a Doctor is trying to heal your illness he will prescribe medication and if it does not work he will give another until it works. His business is called a PRACTICE and I am willing to bet few complain too much. But our business is auto REPAIR and the vast majority of people demand it be repaired right the first time. None of our guys have 8 year degrees, but seem to some amazing work with 20 years worth of different cars and engine combos. There is only one human body, seems a little unfair to demand perfection. Just one man's opinion