Old 09-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #143
danc8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90141
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 danc8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Shake, Shudder and No Roll

I posted this on the generic 2012 issue thread but now see that this thread is more specific.

Purchased a 2012 Focus Titanium from Yorkdale (Toronto) two weeks ago for my wife. After driving it for two days she complained that it shudders when idling, lurches when accelerating and the steering makes noises when turning. Brought it to dealer. One service consultant said its a known problem but no fix as yet. Service manager says it is unknown problem but bring it in.

Won't go into the unbelievably poor customer service (in 2011 you treat customers like this, seriously?), but service mgr says he cannot duplicate problem and no code comes up on computer. Says he'll re-flash the computer. Keeps it overnight.

Re-flash done, wife still notices same problems with lurch and shudders and steering. Added bonus: one touch window down no longer working. Thanks for checking the car before giving it back Yorkdale.

Now they say they will come to my wife and fix window problem (another re-flash apparently). Okay, but they previously said to leave it overnight to fix the window problem.

As a side note, they say shudder will go away after system re-learns wife's driving behaviour. She asks: "what about the multiple drivers on this car with different behaviours, how does the system 'know' who to match to?" Yorkdale: "We never thought of that."

My wife is completely soured on this vehicle.