FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
My real problem is the grinding I often hear which is sometimes accompanied by slipping and jolting. I took my car in for servicing and asked about the problem. The service rep barely gave me a shrub of the shoulders. So my question is, where is this software update that Natasha keeps mentioning resolves some issues. The dealer has no clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by washburn View Post
I have 12,000 miles on my 2012 Focus now and the problem with the shaking is not getting better but worse. It shutters (or hunches as my husband calls it) when you try to take off, it shifts like some one who does know how to drive a straight drive (and it is an automatic). Any ideas on what to do now.
Hi Tiburon & washburn,

I'm sure it is frustrating when the dealer is unable to diagnose your transmission issues. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
There is no break in "procedure" documented in the owners manual about the transmission.
Hello csvt2060,

The following break-in procedure is listed on page 5 of the Owner's Guide: Try not to drive continuously at the same speed for the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km) of new vehicle operation. Vary your speed frequently in order to give the moving parts a chance to break in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee View Post
I am experiencing the exact same thing, automatic transmission can not accelerate from 1st gear into 2nd with out the car shaking and feeling like it will stall!! I have to find the time out of my schedule to actually go to the dealership.
BeeTee,

Bringing your Focus to the dealer is the best first step in easing your worries. The dry dual-clutch gearbox has different sounds and sensations than normal, and they will be able to inspect it and provide the best course of action. No one likes unexpected services, so they may have a courtesy shuttle so you can wait in comfort. I hope once your concerns are addressed you will be confident of your Focus.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 09-26-2011 at 05:27 PM.