Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus RS Build.....For the Occasional Track Day!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #200
thielt1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32005
What I Drive: Focus RS Rep

FF Reputation: 2 thielt1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Ran into a few walls last night

Started installing the bushings and found that I definitely need a press so I will be picking one up tonight. I did manage to get the trailing arm bushings in though:

Also started mocking up and bolting in the cage for welding. By doing this I found out once in, the rear door cards are not able to be taken out or put back in. I also think this cage will make the dash difficult to remove.

This would mean that I have to decide on the factory ford cards I would want to keep in for the life of the car or I need to order my carbon front and rear door cards for easy removal. By going with carbon cards I lose speakers unless I attach them to the outside or rig up something else.

Then other big issue here is that the cage now has to be painted before install. After intall the weld areas will need to be cleaned up and painted while some of the interior is in the car which shouldn't be a problem but its a lot of extra work. I would probably drive around with it bolt in style for a while just to make sure all the bugs are worked out and nothing has to be taken back apart.

I started working on the rear strut bar, I was planning on making a full size spare mount and it will probably be removable and able to attach to this bar:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3517025#post3517025