Old 09-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #116
Tiburon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90033
What I Drive: 2012, Silver, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Tiburon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Help!!!

I've been having some of the difficulties mentioned on this thread. I have a 2012 Focus SE with just over 6K miles. I've done my best to ignore some of the shaking I get in the shifting since it technically is a manual transmission (I think I can shift a manual a lot better than this car's computer), but that being said, my real problem is the grinding I often hear which is sometimes accompanied by slipping and jolting. I drive very softly, attempting to get peak fuel economy, but I did notice the problem isn't quite as bad if I push it a bit harder.

That was all until I took the car out of town. I live in a very flat area. When I took the vehicle to an area where there are hills and inclines, things went from bad to horrible. This was the worst driving experience of my life. I was afraid that, at any moment, my car would grind to a halt. The noises were horrible and the vehicle often would not respond to the accelerator being fully depressed, which nearly caused me to be in an accident on more than one occasion.

I took my car in for servicing and asked about the problem. The service rep barely gave me a shrub of the shoulders. I guess they have only sold a few of these and mine was the first that had seen back. I asked if there were any software updates and he said no.

So my question is, where is this software update that Natasha keeps mentioning resolves some issues. The dealer has no clue.