Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 1 kill and I almost got killed
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 08:13 PM   #15
SVTJerbo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9367
What I Drive: 2002 Svtf

FF Reputation: 1 SVTJerbo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
well if we're gonna go with those kinda fun stories mine has a much happier ending, in one of my many return trips to the chicagoland area from champaign illinois i was eagerly awaiting getting home because of certain.... *incentives* my gf may have offered. So i get off work its like 4pm and im enjoying the sun and the wind. windows donw sunroof open, ive got a 12'' infinity kappa perfect with about 1000 watts at its disposal, so im enjoying everything, obviously with wind noise and music i cant hear my radar going off, and luckily the cop was going the other way, but i look over and i see this cop just jaw dropped staring at me as we whip opposite each other.. look at speedometer and im doing about 110

For those of you with svts you how that goes, not that im not paying attention to driving because i am, but even at that speed the car is very calm and stable, so what i wasnt paying attention to was my radar, well this guy hits the brakes and i remember the old saying"you cant outrun the motorola" well lets be honest in the middle of nowhere how many state troopers are really around, so this guy hits the brakes but cant turn around for prolly another 1/16- 1/8 of a mile, so i put the windows up, close the sunroof, hammer down to 135,

The last i saw was of him start to turn around then a curve blocked it, i went about 3 miles then got off and took some two lane routes and such for about 40miles, got back on and that was that, leaving me in the roughly 25% of chases that dont end in apprehension, i was very lucky but i could have turned a possible escape into a possible serious accident or what have you, but remaining clam, rationalizing with my knowledge of state trooper coverage in that area and lack of any nearby major cities got me out with nothing but a few extra miles and minutes on my trip