Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2008-2011 Picture Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #1041
indy_11
Panamasian

Fan#: 81404
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
Holding up great! And no I went the easy fast and highly affective way haha. You can't hardly paint the abs plastic due to it's texture even with adhesion promoter. Here's how I did it. Go to eBay, buy the chrome door handle cover paint them with primer then gloss black and as much clear coat as you want till you get your desired color. I don't know how many coats of clear I put on but it was at least 4. As for the pillars it's the simplest thing ever and it makes the biggest difference ever on a focus, it's as simple as this, there are piano black pillar covers made by cf design on eBay(: they look awesome and they are very solid and have not faded, scratched or anything yet(: here's a price point of view on the mod. Every body shop I went to was going to charge at least 250 just to paint door handles and that would require me buying the primer ones form ford which would be another 200 or so. So your looking at at least 250 total if you painted them yourself or excess of 400 done by a shop just for the door handles! Cost of the handle covers-$40 (: paint primer and clear was about 25. So I have 65 in the handles and the awesome pillar covers are only 38 shipped!
awesome thank for the tip rep added

btw, got a new paint job

2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.