Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89667
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium, Sterling 401A 18"

FF Reputation: 1 Craig9080 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ms paint!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug81 View Post
Wouldn't it be better to put a pre-filter over the hose end that's inside the air box? That way bugs won't collect in the box.

Craig9080, don't forget, you'll have to reset your windows for auto up and down if you disconnect the battery.
Doug, you may be on to something. I am going without the prefilter for now as the $10 setup fee for something that they have already made 2 of is not the right thing in my mind, but i could probably work that down/off when I call.

On another note, during an extended period of inactivity at work I have developed the stunning simulation of what I plan todo below. The holes will be a medium size and alternate and an off-set linearly parallel manner to produce optimum airflow with decreased wind resistence

TRANSLATION:

I'm board at work so i played around in paint to make a crappy diagram with more holes.

I think this would work well. By not drilling the whole thing I am decreasing air that I THINK may not make it to the intake at speed and thus only adds friction and not intake pressure.