newmission
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84688
What I Drive: YB-MK3-MTX-SE-OG Sport-HB

FF Reputation: 5 newmission Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVolpe View Post
I have always used K&N and loved them. I just ordered the filter today and going to get the Prefilter in a little. and as for everyone saying the Focus is an economy car and sluggish at low RPMs. I havnt run into that at all. The other day I raced my friends Acura RSX-type S (H&R race intake, full catback exhaust, and race skunk 2 suspension). I actually beat him off the line and was a sliver ahead up until about 3rd gear is where he started to pull away(but kinda slowly pull away). But the integra's top end is its specialty. Im not saying its fast but it has got a good amount of power for a compact car.

And this wasnt just a fluke. I went from a 30 roll for fun with my friends Cadillac CTS and once again got him early on but his V6 took advantage but I was able to keep up with him. All in all im very impressed by the Focus performance and putting on an intake will def help let the engine stretch her legs better.

Thanks for the post Newmission! great mod and love the decal haha, is that just your last name or a friends garage name? could have fooled me for a professional company haha
Thanks brother! I have a Cavalier, Cobalt, 2 Accords (early 90s & late 2000s), Newer Civic Si, and Ram 1500 under my belt so far. All at the track of course, as talking about street racing here is illegal.

As for the decals. My brother is a professional graphics designer. He just whipped me up something with my last name in it. Wanted it to look like it was a special edition Focus decal or something along those lines. As though to graphic belonged there from factory. Have fooled a lot of people so far....who don't know my last name.

Best part about this mod, is that it all looks factory. I'd bet it would fool some service techs!
Hatch Nation #110
Debadge-and Drive Naked
Home of the Free Blacked Out Grille Mod, and Griffin Ram Air Mod.
Get you some!