Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #71
Skippy905
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84128
What I Drive: 2006 Honda Pilot

FF Reputation: 2 Skippy905 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
Hey Skippy, not sure what forum you're looking at but the new Elantra has similar if not worse issues. Water leaks, engines replace, failed trannys, electrical gremlins, way below EPA mileage, on and on.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md...1-elantra.html

The Focus community is made up of more enthusiasts, and as such I would expect more passionate discussions here. Hyundai's are more like transportation appliances than an enthusiast's vehicle.

There's nothing scientific about these boards.
Read that thread again, from beginning to end. Not really problems at all (except for one guy). Tranny problems listed aren't really problems (just like most Focus tranny complaints aren't valid).

Considering you start a thread about problems, you get 18 pages of guys saying they had a problem only to find out it really wasn't a problem at all.
Some standard complaints about paint, but that is every manufacturer nowadays due to EPA.

No comparison to the complaints about the Focus quality. I understand your enthusiasts comment, but people will complain about problems no matter what they use their car for. Overall, the thread about problems was not many problems. Now do you think if we had a thread labelled "What problems have you had with your Focus" it would be all minor details like that?

Seems to me like really only 3 real complaints on that thread.