Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Highway Lane Drifting
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
davedcc2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89179
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Met. HB SE

FF Reputation: 1 davedcc2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hooray! Our Focus is now a real gem to drive as the steering rack assembly was installed this past week. Both my wife and I love the sports car feel at highway speeds and the ability to just keep one hand on the wheel. A very positive feeling I might add. The new steering rack came in over the Labor Day Holiday weekend. Dealership called me on the following Tuesday to say that the part was in. Dropped it the same day. They ended up keeping it overnight. It was ready mid afternoon the next day. Both their tech and the shop manager took it out for a QC. I took it out for a 50 mile run the same day that I picked it for my own QC and reported back to them it looks as if "we got it". Problem solved.

I didn't want to post until my wife had a chance to drive it also. We went out for about a 75 mile run yesterday. Including I-40. Ran it to 80+ with no problems. Two lane roads, handling is excellent. So now that problem is behind us.

Window tint next, followed by nitrogen replacement for the tires. Maybe even some new wheels down the line.

We both just love the sporting look it has. And having the sunroof makes it a real treat now tht the weather is getting nicer here in the Nashville area.