Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #57
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
mostly pleased however i still miss my old zx3 which was way more fun to drive. I just had the opportunity to drive a Golf TSI for 2 weeks in Iceland on paved roads, dirt roads and 'barely' roads... Grades ranged from flat to 15% up AND down and speeds up to about 90mph... All the while i got 36 mpg (u.s. conversions applied) with this fun little car... It handled very well and it's 7 speed dry clutch DSG was much better than ford's. It shifted more smoothly and had much less 'clunkly ness' to it than my focus. Also the driving position was WAY better than in the focus (at least for me). I just can't seem to, despite elec. seats, get a good position in the focus... I think it's cus the front doors are either too short or the dash extends too far into the cabin causing me to push the seat back more (im 6'). dunno..but in any case the Golf was a blast to drive and required ZERO getting used to it... just get in and drive. As well, not a rattle or buzz on even the worst dirt, pitted, gravel roads... like it was built from a single block of steel. And , unlike my focus, the suspension doesn't clunk around as if it's floating beneath the car on rough roads. ford could learn a lesson from VW