Fan#: 42969
What I Drive: 2009 GTI, 2003 Red SVT ZX5 *burned*

FF Reputation: 1 MDBF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfokus View Post
That sux man.
Sorry to see this,
But glad that you and your son escaped unharmed, thats the most important thing by far.
I used to see you driving around carroll county aswell.
Get a new car yet?
Looking for another svt, or going w/ something else?
No new car yet. Waiting to hear what the insurance company will give me for her so I can establish a bit of a price range.

I've thought about going to another SVT, but I think I'm going to use this as an excuse to try something new. Will probably test drive all the usual sport-compact suspects, but I'm really hoping to track down an '06ish WRX wagon with relatively few miles and a relatively unmolested past. Or maybe a Cobra...

I loved the hell out of my SVT, though. I keep looking out my window and being momentarily surprised when it's not sitting out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy427 View Post

There's no recovery from this.
Don't even think about rebuilding this....
This SVT's done. Move on.....
I dunno, man...I think it's got a bright future as a steerable sled! Just push her to the top of the hill and hop in!

I wonder if the insurance company/salvage yard will bother trying to part her out at all. Everything aft of the steering wheel was pretty much fine aside from the fire-hose soaking, so there's some stuff there worth saving. Rear seats, rear rims/brand new tires, maybe some of the exhaust, the subwoofer, stuff like that. But I don't know if they bother with or if it's even worth the hassle or just toss it into the crusher.