newmission
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84688
What I Drive: YB-MK3-MTX-SE-OG Sport-HB

FF Reputation: 5 newmission Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I do have a question about your increase in mileage. How many miles were on the car when you modified it? The gas mileage on a new car will naturally increase as the motor gets broken in. I'm curious to learn if some of your increase could be attributed to the motor "finding its grove". Perhaps the K&N filter also contributed to the increase MPG's?

About 5k miles. My mileage on my MTX wouldn't go above 28.5 of "comfortable" driving. This seems to be the norm in the "post your mpg" thread. Sure the K&N filter will make a bit of a difference. But you're still sucking through small tube that runs along the front of the radiator. When breaking in the car, the mpg reading would change very slow throughout the life of a tank. After the mod, it's almost instant mpg readout. I can very the mpg reading in the span of a couple miles. If following the low shift intervals, I have seen 38.8 regularly. All I know is I have no interest, nor reason to invest in another "manufactured CAI". This will be on the vehicle for as long as I own it.
Hatch Nation #110
Debadge-and Drive Naked
Home of the Free Blacked Out Grille Mod, and Griffin Ram Air Mod.
Get you some!