FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
I will assume you are talking to me,so I will reply.

My car as a pulsating noise and vibration coming from the front of the car between the speeds of 50 and 70 MPH.Only a few cars have the issue.
Hi Beepster,

Just saw this post, but I did reply on your other thread. I'm glad your dealer is working on a solution for your issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmichael View Post
I've had my 2012 Focus with PowerShift transmission for almost two months now with just under 3,000 miles on the odometer. I really love the car, even with the transmission idiosyncrasies. After coming from an '09 Focus, even my wife agrees that the car rides so much better than the '09 model.

While I anticipate a reflash for the transmission being issued by Ford within the next few months, my big beef with Ford is that it seems that most salesman don't have any idea of how this transmission works, and as such, they can't explain what to expect to their customers. And if that's the case, then Ford is wasting thousands of man hours in dealing with this "non-issue."

Also, it seems incredible that Ford is telling people to expect a 10,000-mile break-in period for the transmission. That bit of information should also be conveyed to the prospective customer prior to making the sale.
Hi jsmichael,

Thanks for being a repeat Focus owner! I'm thrilled to read of your positive feedback on the 2012 Focus. We are improving dealer/customer communication regarding our PowerShift transmission so customers are familiar with the different sounds and sensations that are part of this new system. The dealers are reviewing concerns on a case-by-case basis to ensure that it is one that will smooth out, as many have experienced. If you are worried, please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help. Have a great evening!

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford