Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My 2012 Focus issues: what Ford is and isn't doing
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #44
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy905 View Post
I beg to differ on everyones comment about the first year problems. Of course there is always a few bugs to work out, but most companies have them sorted out within the first 6 months. It seems to me that the Focus has far too many glitches of which FORD doesn't want to recognize. If you are at least known to put out cars with first year problems, then have a customer service department that will back up the company and be ready to fix the problems. Don't just ignore it and keep on going pretending there isn't a problem.

I have been looking at the Kia Soul since it came out, and the Hyundai Elantra since the redesign. I am a member of both of these forums, and find nowhere near the complaints that the Focus has. Also, Kia fixed those problems right away. The 2010 Kia Soul (first year it came out) is a Consumer Reports "recommended". For a first year car it had very few problems (less than most car companies with years of that model production).

I was completely sold on the Focus when it first came out, and I began reading about it. I hesitated to buy right away due to the MFT system. As I have been waiting, I have been realizing that the Focus just isn't going to be for me. Too many problems, and more importantly, Ford just isn't giving the customer service to back this car up. It seems to me that Ford is loosing too many of their loyal customers with this run around crap.
Thank you for the great post. You are spot on. I feel the "first year" argument is an excuse. Whether we bought the car on the first month of the build or the 12th month, we should be getting close to the same quality and build. And on top of that, Ford touts their INITIAL quality, and HELD mine making me wait for months and told me because they wanted to give us the best quality.

-------

And just to reiterate; to follow up on some comments from others. I work in the technical field. I understand programming glitches and problems. Not sure how they didn't catch some of this stuff, or thought "no one would notice" but maybe they will fix this stuff, maybe they won’t.

All I know is at the dealership level, training is subpar and not much is known about this car and not many resources to find the answers. At the field service engineer, training is subpar, they know a little more than the dealership level, they have more contacts to get more resources, and all they are allowed to do is update to the newest software and report the results. At the Ford customer service level, good luck getting answers and don't expect regular follow-up. The Ford 1-800 customer service number; it's a joke. So where does this leave the customer to go?