Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My 2012 Focus issues: what Ford is and isn't doing
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #43
Skippy905
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84128
What I Drive: 2006 Honda Pilot

FF Reputation: 2 Skippy905 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJTX View Post
I don't really blame you for how you feel but you should look at it from the other end. the first year of a model is ALWAYS problematic at best. and that is well known. it doesn't matter if it is ford, cheby, chrysler or any other brand. yeah you got royally screwed by the dealer you are trying to work with but on the other hand there are other dealers out there who would appreciate your business.
I beg to differ on everyones comment about the first year problems. Of course there is always a few bugs to work out, but most companies have them sorted out within the first 6 months. It seems to me that the Focus has far too many glitches of which FORD doesn't want to recognize. If you are at least known to put out cars with first year problems, then have a customer service department that will back up the company and be ready to fix the problems. Don't just ignore it and keep on going pretending there isn't a problem.

I have been looking at the Kia Soul since it came out, and the Hyundai Elantra since the redesign. I am a member of both of these forums, and find nowhere near the complaints that the Focus has. Also, Kia fixed those problems right away. The 2010 Kia Soul (first year it came out) is a Consumer Reports "recommended". For a first year car it had very few problems (less than most car companies with years of that model production).

I was completely sold on the Focus when it first came out, and I began reading about it. I hesitated to buy right away due to the MFT system. As I have been waiting, I have been realizing that the Focus just isn't going to be for me. Too many problems, and more importantly, Ford just isn't giving the customer service to back this car up. It seems to me that Ford is loosing too many of their loyal customers with this run around crap.

P.S. This past week I had two different Focus Titaniums for rental cars. Both had problems. Of course, both had minor MFT problems (Phone not playing music through USB, black screen, and a few other things), but both had other problems that are noted on this forum. One had the problem with the water in the door (but the other one didn't). The car trip computer wouldn't work (seemed as if the left steering wheel buttons weren't connected). Center speaker seemed to be coming out from the dashboard on the first rental. These rental cars, while they drove nice, really turned me off to buying one of these cars.