Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
G. Jay
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89558
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue Sedan SEL w/leather

FF Reputation: 1 G. Jay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This is very interesting. I searched the net and found this forum because my car clunks or rattles a bit over bumps and it is driving me crazy but I haven't been able to find the cause. A strut or sway bar link would be vaguely consistent with the sound I'm hearing. I now also notice it sometimes when I start the engine. Like you mention it wasn't there new but has been getting steadily worse. It is bad enough now that I think a service technician would likely acknowledge it.

If the best they could do was grease, well that's just not good enough. The car is great in many ways but I can think of at least a dozen details that are sort of half-baked and maybe this is one of them.

I've got the car up on ramps now because I was going to go look again for something loose. Do you know which bushing they greased? I can't imagine anyone actually thinking that could be a permanent correction to this problem but it is an important data point.

Last edited by G. Jay; 09-04-2011 at 10:17 PM.