Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My 2012 Focus issues: what Ford is and isn't doing
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #33
TitaniumD
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89517
What I Drive: 2102 Titanium 5dr Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 1 TitaniumD Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To CSVT2060:
I do not have experience with any other Ford vehicles since my mom's 1990 Taurus, nor a car with auto headlights and wipers, DCT, GDI, auto parking, parking assist sonars...etc, so I did not have anywhere near the same expectations as you.
My last car was a prius with nav, bluetooth, audio, and climate on a large touchscreen, so I had some expectations about the MFT. I still like the MFT better than the prius, even with the bugs!
I really am sorry that you are not getting the response you need and deserve from Ford.
Although I may not agree with the severity of your issues, I do understand the feeling that you should not have experienced them on this brand new very expensive car. I do not agree with blackraven's tone above, and only hope I did not come across that way to you.

To answer some of your questions:
I get the dry wipe often, but not as much as you. I would guess about 60% of the time. Sometimes the windshield is wet when I get in, and don't know if it sensed it, or would have just done that wipe anyway. I do see that the wipers change speed a lot when in auto mode, but since I don't have anything to compare to, I assumed it would work exactly like it does, and I like it. I leave it in auto all the time and forget about it.

For your time issue, I am sorry, I didn't even think about the MFT w/o nav. Well I just want to let you know that if you have the nav, the clock works fine. maybe ford will upgrade you for your troubles. I think they should. I will agree that an inaccurate clock is a PITA!

I checked my dimming mirror today and it does dim when the car is off/locked/smartkey out of range.

As far as the headlights, I really really want them to be DRL. I hope the dealer can set that up for me. My prius did not have auto headlights, or DRL, but I left them in the on position all the time and they would go out when I opened the door.
I get that you dont want this because it is a workaround for the bug you found, not a fix. Imagine though if ford found it first and just put the DRL function on all of them. You would not have found the issue, and therefore should be satisfied with that part of the car.
As far as your door indicators with the same problem, I don't know what to tell you. It definitely sounds like a bug that should be fixed, but I would hope that it is much lower priority than the MFT system. Would you be feeling better about ford if they had just told you that?