Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
But do note that my dealer went above and beyond what was required by Ford, and they did BOTH front bearings at no charge (dealer sucked up the extra $200 for the second bearing) just because he wanted to make sure it was done right the first time. What it was is that with Ford's help, the figured out it was a bearing in the front wheels, but didn't know which one, so he just went ahead and did both, even though Ford specifies to figure out which bearing it is and replace just the bad bearing.

I also feel better about this because I also have to identical bearings on the front end so hopefully as the car ages, they will wear evenly and at the same rate. But like I said, to do both was a choice by my dealer, but they should AT LEAST change the faulty bearing.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can maybe get you the answers if yo uned them. Please note though that it took them about a week to get the bearings for me, since at the time, Ford was changing suppliers (and that was about 1-2 weeks ago).
Can you please tell me the name of the dealership,city and state where you got your car fixed?

Today the owner of the dealership who sold me the car took a road test with me and now totally unperstand why I'm so pi...ed off.And mostly when this dragged for two month and Ford still doesn't have an official fix to the problem.He agrees that replacing all the bearing should make sence but need to know who your dealership is ,so they can communicate with them to know what they actually did and what kind of bearings they used.