Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #42
jmczaja
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89489
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jmczaja Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So... I'm not crazy afterall! I just bought a 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SE a few weeks ago. After a few days of driving it, and especially after taking on the highway for a while, I noticed I had to literally wrestle the vehicle to stay straight. The steering wheel would stiffen when getting up to speeds of around 65 MPH. I found myself fighting the wheel to stay straight. Forget about driving with one hand. I just took the car on a 650 mile road trip this past week and my hands are literally sore from fighting the steering the whole time.

So i took my car to the dealership a few days before my trip and explained the problem. I took the tech for a ride to which he responded, "It feels a bit stiff but thats the way this car supposed to handle because of the electronic steering!". In any case, we got back to the dealship and he pulled up some documents to verify that the 2012 Focus has the 'electronic' steering and this was indeed what i was experiencing and that i just "You probably have to just get used to it!".

I'm glad I found this forum and regained a bit of my sanity.. Now hopefully my car will be fixed without any hassle.. I'll PM Natasha with the info needed.. Thanks guys!

-j

Last edited by jmczaja; 09-08-2011 at 11:54 AM.