View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #169
thwar
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89248
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 thwar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello everyone, I picked up my 2012 White Titanium Focus on Aug 18th and it is my favorite car to date that I have driven. I've only put 1400kms on it in the ~2 weeks that I've had it. However, I had a little hiccup yesterday when driving home.

My car was revving really high, so I dropped it into SelectShift and changed the gears to resolve the issue. I put it back into Drive and continued normally. 2 minutes down the road, I get an error in my driving console that states "The Engine is overheating, stop the car". I pulled over, put it in Park, then turned the car off. I started to freak out because my last car had a 2 year engine light that didn't get resolved until 2 months prior to me selling it. I turned the car off and then on. No issues, so I continued home. Once I get home, I put the car into Reverse and the error came again, "The Engine is overhearting, stop the car". I followed the same steps and backed into the driveway. My engine light is lit up now.

I take it into Ford this morning to get it checked out. 2 hours later I get my car back. The issue was with the TCM (Transmission Control Module). The Ford rep told me that there had been an error and the computer was out of sync, so the error messages that popped up may have not been relevant, but they set off warnings. The technician had to reprogram the TCM and said it will take another 500kms to get it ironed out and says the issue should be resolved.

The car is still awesome, I just hope that this is fixed and not going to be reoccurring.