Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Custom Ram Air How-To
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:32 AM   #39
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

Points 12,618, Level 73
Points: 12,618, Level: 73 Points: 12,618, Level: 73 Points: 12,618, Level: 73
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmission View Post
I have no idea what you just said. (in my best Napoleon Dynamite impression)

Not to be rude, but every post that I have read by you Elizabeth has been confusing. And so far this one takes the cake. First you brought up a good argument about the difference between a circle and slotted intake port. I have seen slotted intake ports on ram air of the new Cobra. But then you got lost in the woods talking about hot air and sound? We're catching cold air rushing at the front of the car, where is the hot air coming from? And if your argument is all performance minded, then who cares about sound? Start with a well designed intake first, sound is just a benefit.

Yes, the intent is 'to catch cold air rushing at the front of the car' but the reality may be very different. Wanting and wishing is not doing. that airflow may even be negative for all you know at the exact point this modified intake is located.
I just wanted to mention that very real possibility.
Just becuse you think it is in the front so the air will be pushed in, is not true.
It MIGHT be true, but you have zero way of knowing if so or not. Theair off the front end past the angled front may just as well be negative air pressure over the opening at speed.