Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68740
Location: Bolingbrook (and sometimes Hamilton,ont,Canada), IL
What I Drive: 09 Black SES MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Stangbanger242 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed_2.0 View Post
Drive around with your tpms light on and if u get into an accident and they see that on. That can cause you to be at fault
I'm not going to doubt your knowledge on the subject, but to me that sounds a little ridiculous. First, the light on the dash indicates three possible issues, 1: a tire is below 25psi 2: there is a sensor fault 3: there is a fault with the TP monitor. The first one is slightly plausible, as law enforcement would need to prove that a low tire caused the accident, not to mention if a tire is damaged in the collision then the tpms light would be on by the time police arrive. For the second and third scenarios it is essentially the same as a check engine light. Also for 2 and 3, my knowledge on the laws about tpms govern that all vehicles after 07 model year must be manufacturer equipped with a tpm system. It IS illegal if you were to defeat the system (bypass, disable, remove it) but to drive around with the light on is not illegal.
SES#010
HAVE: '09 SES MTX W/ FSWerks CAI, FSW 4-1 header, Crower Stg 1, 1.5" FRPP drop, Massive Toe arms, EBC slotted rotors + green pads.
WANTS: FSW Stealth exhaust, Tune, (possibly) Turbo