Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Speedometer Lighting
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
One of the first things i noted with the 2012 Focus is the speedo is small.
The space it is in could accomodate a larger dial for the readout. The MPH numbers are small and then tiny. the k even MORE shrivelled up.. Poor Canucks!.. and it is a hard thing to read.
Then MY big gripe is the aluminum trim on the steering wheel reflects sunlight, so right where i want to see the speedo, just below is this bright flash blinding me some.. making it even harder to read the speedo numbers.
I got used to the twenty MPH gap in speedo numbers from driving my SVT Contour for 12 years. So I am rapidly adapting to the Focus speedo.
Just i agree they could have done a little adjusting of the setup (which is nice enough) to make it better.
I plan on killing the reflective steering wheel trim with some acrylic paint (so it will come off OK if i change my mind, or decide on some other way to lessen the reflectiveness of the steering wheel trim.)
My SVT speedo was white, the one issue is twilight. At which point the speedo was basically invisible. The white face and the green lit-up numbers were the same intensity. So one could read NOTHING. that was only at dusk or dawn.. Otherwise the white speedo with dark numbers in day, lit night, was great.
The Focus Tach is perfect. Too bad the Speedo MPH numbers are NOT as good.
The steering wheel in itself is great. all around good job, 'cept those pesky reflections off the trim.
In canada the speedo is reversed, so that its the mph that is small ;-) also, the speedo looks bigger then my current car so im more then happy with it.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using FF Mobile