Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1991 View Post
Natasha,
I bought a 2012 Ford focus just under a month ago. The car i got had 234km on it when i drove it off the lot and now we are looking at about 2770km. I have taken the car into the dealer once already for the same problem everyone has been talking about and the dealship told me that everything is okay and they just ran some tests.....WELL! that wasnt really the truth! I was having a casual sunday drive with my girlfriend and the car over heated. It is now in the dealership and they are saying that oil is all within the engine and gaskets, and the computer is telling them to replace my engine! So of course with this being the first car i have ever boughten and buying this thinking that it was reliable and then finding out that its been taken in twice in one month is a bit disapointing. Also i found out when speaking with the GM of service he slipped and told me the first time taking the car in they actually reduced the RPM of the car. Now why would a dealership touch my car in such a way and never tell the customer? Doesnt seem right. Also with this now happening they arnt sure how long it will take to get me a new engine. Really i dont want that same car back with the problems its had i want a new one and really i dont think thats really much as to what i could be asking for. I would like an answer as to how you would deal with this as to the dealership right now isnt handling it the greatest. With the servey i got yesturday with "How was your experence" there will be alot of Very disatisfied answers within it if nothing is done. Please responed ASAP. Thank you
I know this wasn't directed at me but I can still provide some factual input.

First, in order for anyone to determine if you are elligible for any customer satisfaction compensation a clear line of communication needs to be established between you, the dealer and the customer service center for Canadian owners. I'm not certain the CS center in Florida for domestic owners is the same for Canadian. You don't seem to know exactly what the dealer found or what they need to repair. Maybe they didn't explain it to you or maybe you didn't understand it... but I know their "computer" doesn't "tell" them to replace anything and furthermore the dealer can't simply "turn down the RPM".

Your concern was rather vauge but I'd suspect your original concern was with the feel of the transmission shifts/engagements. Your second concern was an engine that overheated. The two are almost certainly unrelated so I would not get too excited with the idea that the vehicle has failed in the same manner twice.

In order for anyone to help you, they have to discusss what the dealer is trying to repair and let them make a repair attempt. It may be unfortunate, but there isn't a car in the world that is "break-proof" and all brand new cars of any make/model could (and do) occasionally have issues.