Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How many People with the SPI had a Valve Seat Failure?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 12:08 AM   #66
Porter68
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89293
What I Drive: 2001 Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 Porter68 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The only reason I made an account on here is to let you know my experience with the 2.0 SOHC SPI engines. THEY ARE JUNK!!! They will blow up! Never buy a car with the SPI in it and if your car has the SPI you better sell it cause its going to blow! I bought a 2001 focus couple weeks ago that had this SPI engine. The engine was knocking so I got the car for a decent price. I go to the junkyard and get a used "good" engine for $1200. I end up doing the swap and the motor they sold me was junk. I took the engine back and they said they had another one that was "good". I decided to try this one and come to find out it was knocking. So then I decide to go to a different local junk yard to get yet my third used SPI engine. What do you know it was junk. I wasted many hours swapping out SPI engines. Im now selling the entire car to the junkyard and cutting my losses. ALL SPI's = JUNK!!!