Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Custom Ram Air How-To
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #33
newmission
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84688
What I Drive: YB-MK3-MTX-SE-OG Sport-HB

FF Reputation: 5 newmission Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pra2veen View Post
you should add these pics to the OP too. Looks great btw. I wish I had the patience to do all that :)
Good call! Done. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
Overall, a great project!!! And it sounds very nice. That microphone is almost as big as your car!

Now that you've had a chance to drive it awhile, I'm very interested in hearing how the throttle response is. The Focus is one heck of a slug off the line until you're up to 3k or 4k rpm. Has the intake made much of a difference in the initial responsiveness at low rpm?

Tony
lol The mic is a standard 1" diaphragm cardioid condenser studio mic. But may be big if you're not used to seeing one. :)

The audio the mic picked up was VERY bassy. I had to EQ it back just a bit to point out the details at WOT. Just noting that to point out this setup is very throaty. :) NO JDM :)

I have noticed right off the bat actually that the engine seems to run through out the RPM band more smoothly. Response is quicker certainly! And once you're up around 50mph and hit WOT it's taking in all the fresh air it can handle. I've scared myself a couple times just holding the throttle enjoying the pull. :) I have also jumped up about 5 mpg too. I was averaging 28.5, and now around 34.5 if I go easy. ;)
Hatch Nation #110
Debadge-and Drive Naked
Home of the Free Blacked Out Grille Mod, and Griffin Ram Air Mod.
Get you some!