View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #148
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks to FordCustomerService for the reassurance. It's just in my previous two Foci that I owned, I never saw this in either of them. They were filled to the mark and stayed that way until I had them changed at 3000 both both of them. It's was just a concern for me, especially when the car's new.

So, to recap, inside of the hashed area on the dipstick is still considered OK? As long as it falls within that area? I just remember that it was up to the top hole on the dipstick, and now was down about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way to the lower hole... that was my concern. And the car only has 850 miles on it. I could see that happening if the car had over 5000 miles on the oil, but this isn't quite yet broken in yet....
Is it possible that oil is being pushed into areas in the engine and just staying there during the so-called "break-in" period. I'm going to have the oil changed here in the next week with full synthetic, and then I guess I'll watch then. But thanks for the info (saw the notes in the user's manual about the dipstick and when to fill it).