Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #92
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,107, Level 34
Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsign23 View Post
...She in turn escalated my concern to a Ford representative who called me on my cell phone today at work and proceeded to tell me again there was nothing wrong with my Focus and we should expect it to continue to shudder possibly up to 10,000 miles. The car will always drift back on small to moderate inclines...
Hello tnsign23,

I'm sure it must be aggravating, but it does take some time for your Focus to get acclimated to your driving habits. Since the dealer and the engineer are both advising that it is normal, I suggest driving it for a while to see if it smooths out. It is regrettable that you feel unsatisfied, and your concerns have been documented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beepster View Post
I agree this doesn't look good for Ford.The salesmen are always pushing for the Powershift Transmission,and when you ask for the manual ,they say very little are available and an SEL could take take almost 2 months for delivery.And to make things worst,if you have a trade-in ,they drop it's value because of that ,so you pay the same price for Manual or Auto.And when people are unsatisfied they blame the client?For real?Major issues with the Powershift may be isolated problems ,but when at the same time we read that Ford is replacing the Powershift for an 8 speed normal tranny in the Fiesta,we ask ourself what's really going on.
Beepster,

It can be disheartening seeing these posters with concerns. While it seems they are having the same issue, the causes may be different. Your trade-in would depreciate in the two month ordering period, so for the value to be lessened is not unusual. I cannot speak on future models, but we are not replacing current model transmissions with a different transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusOnBike View Post
I noticed the same thing from the first day we took the car. I have only driven the car a few hundred miles, but the shuttering is noticeable anytime the your foot is off of the brake and not on the gas starting from a stop. If it's going to get worse, I'm concerned. Since, it seems that Engineering is working on this issue, is there any timeline for getting it fixed?
Hi FocusOnBike,

If you are worried, the best first step will be to bring your Focus to the dealer for diagnosis. They will be able to provide updates on any solutions for unresolved issues. Please let me know if I can assist.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply