View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #142
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
After getting my car back, I don't notice the trans shift shutter as much anymore. I will note that the did disconnect the battery while they replaced the bearings, so either the bearings helped with the shutter, or the batter disconnect allows the trans to "reset" itself and relearn its shift strategy.

Either way, it seems more smooth now, and with only about 850 miles on it, it seems to be fine. I'm just a little concerned on the 1/4 of a quart of oil I had to add. Hopefully it's just a one-time deal and I don't have to keep doing that, or it will be going back for more work. Haven't done anything differently with this car than I have done with any of my other new cars in the past, but noticed that the oil level was a little low, unless it too, was replaced when the did the work on my car, and maybe just didn't get filled up completely... I'll have to give it a week or two and see if it continues to "lose" oil (I don't see any leaks or any signs of it burning). Is it maybe part of the "beak in" when the car goes through it's first few hundred miles, it uses a little oil???