Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #89
tnsign23
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89013
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Focus, 2002 Ranger

FF Reputation: 1 tnsign23 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just a note to let all of you know all well Ford and Natasha are fixing the problems they find with the Focus transmissions and what I have experienced.

I sent Natasha the following PM a couple of days ago.

We too have trouble with our transmission. It shutters when we take off or slow down to the point where we think it is a safety issue when we try to cross traffic. It also rolls backward at small to large inclines again a safety concern for us. We have to put left foot on the brake and gas at the same time with right which cause inaccurate starts and hesitations/stalls on hills.

We have taken the car to our dealer twice in the last two weeks, but both times they report nothing is wrong with the vehicle. After the first visit we were not happy and escalated to dealer manager and he brought us back in. But we knew they would not find anything in service and they didn't. it was just to appease us. And again service sent us home with no recourse. So now I am turning to you.

She in turn escalated my concern to a Ford representative who called me on my cell phone today at work and proceeded to tell me again there was nothing wrong with my Focus and we should expect it to continue to shudder possibly up to 10,000 miles. The car will always drift back on small to moderate inclines. He told me that I should have read the owners manual and understood these things before we purchased the car. He also pointed out that we should done a better job of test driving the car before purchase. Then he said that he would talk to our dealer about why we weren't told about the type of transmission, but that the sale staffs should all be aware of the nuances of the Focus transmission. He said there was nothing he could or would do.

Again this was a waste of my time with a company that spent well over 30 years buying vehicles from, my wife as well, and her father a retired employee.