Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #130
Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
The only issue I'm left with (and this may not even be an issue since the car only has 800 miles on it) is that every once in a while, it will shift funny when accelerating from a dead stop (from a stoplight/stop sign). But the majority of the time, it shifts fine. Maybe is't just me, or maybe some things still need to wear in a bit...

Prior to taking my car in, I told the dealer that I would give them a fair rating based on the level of service I received. Needless to say, I will be giving them a good rating for taking care of the bearing issue in a somewhat timely manner. I just hope my trans won't be needing a replacement like yours was. Hopefully the issues i see are just a matter of time for things to wear in. I actually haven't driven it a lot on the highway (at least not for any more than 50 miles at a time, so maybe it needs to be run at higher RPMs for a little while or just be flat out driven more. I'm going to wait until 1500-2000 miles, and if the problem doesn't go away, I'm going back to the dealer.
The dealership says that last TSB they got about the noise problem was :

SSM #.21985 2012 FOCUS DRONE/WARBLE NOISE WHILE DRIVING
SOME 2012 FOCUS MAY EXHIBIT A DRONE OR WARBLE NOISE OCCURRING AT 50-70 MPH. THIS NOISE MAY BE ORIGINATING AT THE FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS. RECOMMEND USING CHASSIS EARS TO ISOLATE THE NOISE. CONTINUE TO MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/04/2011

Do you have the TSB number for the solution with the new bearings?