Focus Addict

Fan#: 85587
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Ti with James Bond Pkg

FF Reputation: 2 Faygo Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusOnBike View Post
Faygo: Nice photos!

New member here! I kept wandering back to your site, so I stopped lurking and registered. Just got a Cherry Red Focus 2012, and I also just got the Drawtite Hitch for my bike rack. Thanks for the help!

First question: The Thule rack I see on Faygo's Focus, does that allow the hatch to open without having to lower the rack? And, if bicycles are on the rack, can you still open the hatch?

Thanks!
The Thule 990XT allows the hatch to open while upright, if you move the outer wheel mounts to the outside, but its actually just easier to flip the lever and drop the rack so you have more room. You can definitely open the hatch with 2 bikes on it (as I did today).

I like this rack better than the Thule T2. $100 less, but weighs less and has less complication to go wrong. T2 can tilt downward for hatch access, but you dont need that here, and T2 can be extended to 4 bikes, but I wouldnt suggest that here, either... so the 990 is perfect.

Also the Thule hitch pin screws into the Thule, so the rack isnt flopping all over. In fact, its quiet as can be.